- 5-day course focused on the Arctic offshore and pipeline knowledge required to meet basic and competent skill levels in Arctic oil and gas development engineering
- Will provide in-depth instruction in ice environment characterization, ice mechanics, pipeline engineering, permafrost ships in ice, and Arctic offshore structures
- Special attention will be given to the ISO 19906 code requirements and recommended methods therein
- Gain a competent knowledge within the majority of the Arctic development skill areas (Ice mechanics, Fixed and Floating Structures, Marine Transport, Arctic Pipelines, Geotechnical/permafrost)
- Understand Arctic structures and facilities and Arctic design hazards
- Understand how the Arctic environment is characterized and procedures for predicting loads on structures
- Understand the design philosophy and methodology of the ISO 19906 standard
For more information on the Centre for Arctic Resource Development 5 year program, please visit the CARD website.